9 months in, 9 months out! You're getting to be such a big girl, and I don't know if I'm okay with that. Part of me is excited so that you can start playing with Kate, but I'm losing my little baby. We saw your pediatrician today, and she said that we needed to come back when you're one. I nearly lost it right then! My voice faltered as I told her we'd see her then.
Here's what you've been up to over the past month...
* You're pulling up on everything. You quickly crawl to things with height (the couch, LeapFrog table, toy box, play kitchen) and pop right up to them. You think you're a big girl like Kate.
* You just started cruising along the couch, and Gram reported that you stood unassisted the other day for a couple of seconds! You're going to be an early walker like your sister.
* Bottles are still a battle, but we got the blessing from the doctor today to go down to just 3 bottles a day now. Whew! One less wrestling match for the day.
* The burp cloths have not been retired yet; you still spit up.
* You are loving your solid foods! We still give you lots of purees, but we're starting to give you more food pieces too. You are doing great with all foods (no allergies!!), and you don't mind textures. You grabbed a cookie right out of my hand the other day and put it in your mouth.
* Your hair is sure growing! You already have way more hair than Kate did at a year (or even later)! It's so wispy, and there's this one little spot that always sticks straight out. While it's not as dark as it was when you were born, it's definitely not blonde. I'm eager to see what it decides to be!
* You want whatever Kate has. It's driving her crazy, and she has started yelling "NO!" at you when you even start coming towards her. We're working on sharing and taking turns.
* You're not clapping yet, but you love it when we clap your hands, and I can tell you're trying to put your hands together, too. You also love to pat your legs.
* You still suck your thumb or first finger when you're tired. I'm so glad you don't use a paci. (Remind me I said this when your teeth are crooked from the finger sucking.)
* You're babbling a little bit, but not a ton. You definitely don't have any words yet. Really, you like to squeal more than anything. It gets a great reaction from Kate who giggles every time you do it!
* We wake you up at 7 every morning for your first bottle. We don't get Kate out of her crib until 7:30, so that means a whole 30 minutes of time with just you! I love this time, and even when you're pushing away the bottle and climbing up me like a rock wall, it's still sweet cuddle time focused on you alone!
You're so special to us!
Mama and Daddy
weight: 21 pounds, 9 ounces (90th%)
length: 27.5 inches (60-75th%)
head: 17 inches (50th%)
clothes: 12 months, buying 12-18 months
diaper size: size 4
naps: 8:30am-10, 12pm-2
teeth: still just the two bottom ones
feedings: 7am, 11, 3pm, 6:30 (very inconsistent on how much you'll take per bottle)- switching today to THREE feedings per day; 3 solid food feedings
Previous monthly posts: Caroline is 1 month old | Caroline is 2 months old | Caroline is 3 months old | Caroline is 4 months old | Caroline is 5 months old |Caroline is 6 months old | Caroline is 7 months old | Caroline is 8 months old