You are 8 months old today, precious girl! You're supposed to be the baby, but you're getting really big, really fast. We are shocked with each new milestone you master because we still see you as our bitty baby. SLOW DOWN, okay?? Here's what you're up to...
* When we're eating, you watch every bite. It's clear you wish you had what we're having!
* You started feeding yourself puffs, and you like them A LOT.
* Although you were already on the move, you are officially crawling on all fours. You're not super speedy yet, so that's nice! You crawl straight for the fireplace screen, Kirby, Kate's toys, and computer cords. You get redirected about a million times a day.
* I couldn't believe this when it first happened, but you're already waving. I started waving to you when you were in your high chair, and you started waving right back. At first I thought it might be a fluke, but you kept doing it.
* Another shocker was when you played peekaboo with me. I was showing you how to hide your face with a blanket, and pretty soon we were taking turns peekabooing!
* You REALLY want to be standing and walking. You try to push up off the ground to a standing position. Of course it doesn't work, but you try so hard!
* You're pulling up, and your legs are getting stronger each time you do it. We had to lower your crib mattress since you can now stand in your crib. Aren't you too young for this??
* I love how when I walk you upstairs, you know you're about to take a nap, so you start sucking your thumb or finger. You are usually a great napper (as long as we keep to your schedule).
* You're always moving. Even in your highchair you're kicking a leg or flailing your arms. Like your sister, you're not turning out to be much of a cuddler; you won't be still for 2 seconds together. Too much to see and explore right now, I guess!
* We're still having bottle issues. Big time. You typically drink about 15ish ounces per day, and you're supposed to be in the 24-32 ounce range. I took you to see your doctor today just for peace of mind that you don't have ear infections or any other physical reason you're not eating. You don't. You just think you're a big girl already, and you're feeling very done with bottles. (I have to literally pin you down to try and get you to drink anything.) I have no idea how you're as big as you are. It's a huge mystery to me!
I'm leaving soon to meet Daddy in France for a European getaway. Your grandparents are going to take good care of you, I know, but I'm still sad to leave you and Kate. At the rate you're going, you'll be walking by the time I get home. You're going to change so much in a week!
Mama and Daddy
weight: 20 pounds, 12 ounces (official)
length: oops; will add later
clothes: 6-12 months
diaper size: size 4
naps: 8:30am-10, 12pm-2, and sometimes 4-5
feedings: 7am, 11, 3pm, 6:30 (very inconsistent on how much you'll take per bottle); 2-3 solid food feedings